The challenges of bid preparation
Finding information relevant to the bid response
Most bids ask similar questions, so why re-invent the wheel every time you assemble a new bid.
If you recall your last bid, how many times did someone in the team have to ask someone else to email them information because, for some reason, it's on their laptop?
Routing draft bid documents for approval/sign off
Trackability and authoring
Who is working on what, which bid sections, who is the subject matter expert?
Information gaps. What is missing in the bid?
How long does it take to bring all the bid components together?
Finance documents, accreditations, references, technical information, product specs, warranties, plans, drawings, photographs, resumes, and more.
Isn't always the case that it takes a lot of time to find up-to-date documents, and when you do, they are invariably multiple documents in multiple formats!
How Document Manager makes bid preparation an efficient process
- Document Manager stores all documents and document types (Word, PDF, Excel, images, etc.) in one central location, which means there's only one place to look for important information and one version of the truth.
- Searchability: Past bids can be searched instantly by multiple criteria to streamline the bid response process. For example: Users can search by keyword, date, author or topic to find information in seconds, which compares very favorably to hours spent combing through pages of documents.
- Bid assembly: Collate, amend and combine approved legacy documents. Eliminate the need to compose bids from scratch and only create new content when absolutely necessary.
- Route for signature: Documents can be digitally routed in a predefined, efficient bid workflow to the proper personnel and signed in a matter of seconds to keep the bid process on schedule.
- Review/Submittal: Review all bid response components and documents to ensure that everything has been completed in full. Associate status’ to documents and combine/export in TIFF, PDF, or Native format.
Store previous bids in one location:
One Centralized Location for all Active Bid Responses
Search by Full Text